Saturday, December 6, 2008

Stuff Caleb Says

Caleb and I like to sing while I give the boys a bath. We often sing "ba ba black sheep". When we get to the part about the little boy we sing "One for the little boy who lives down the drain" (something my sister used to sing when we were little). The last time we sang it we got to that part and Caleb sang "One for the little boy who poops in the stream" - so hard not to laugh at that one :)
...............................................

So we've been having a lot of "talks" with Caleb lately about not saying poop and pee as a joke. I went to change Ethan's diaper tonight and this is how our conversation went:

JULIE: Ethan do you have poopoo? (sniff sniff) Oh yes you do, you have poop.
CALEB: Momma.....you can't talk about poop.
JULIE: Caleb, it's ok to talk about poop if you have poop in your diaper, or if you want to put it in the potty.
CALEB: No Momma....we don't talk about poop.

about 20 minutes later:

CALEB: Momma, change my diaper.
JULIE: Ok Caleb, I just need to pee first, then I'll change you.
CALEB: Momma you CANNOT talk about pee.
JULIE: Yes we can Caleb, if we're talking about putting it in the potty.
CALEB: No momma, you can't talk about pee.

So at least something we're saying is sinking in. I guess I'm going to have to watch the words I choose more closely :)
.......................................

This morning Jon watched the boys while I had coffee with a friend. Ethan loves to climb on our entertainment center which is a big no-no. Jon went to grab him and lightly tapped his hand as he told him no. Caleb came over and said "Don't ever hit Ethan again" and then punched Jon in the leg. Ethan climbed on the entertainment center again, so Jon tapped his hand and said no, and once again Caleb said "Don't ever hit Ethan again" and punched Jon.....so nice he's becoming protective :)

1 comment:

Carly said...

Oh, that's awesome!