Monday, July 14, 2008

Making new friends

Friends of ours just bought a boat and a wake board, so the boys and I joined them at the lake one day after church. Caleb really liked the boat ride and was trying to give our friend Kim instructions on how to get up on a wake board. I did not try it (wasn't wanting to get into a swimsuit just yet :) I'll try it next time). Here's a pic of me and Caleb on the boat.


Brad and Jolie climbing on rocks in the water


Caleb "sword fighting" with the cotton candy cone he'd saved from 4th of July


Caleb seemed to have the most fun filling the chair's cup holder with rocks - he was so proud of himself. It's nice when the little things make them happy and keep them occupied.



All in all we had a really great day. Hopefully Jon will be able to join us next time, and I will give wake boarding a try. I know Caleb will want to go again....he did NOT want to leave the lake and kept talking about it all the way home.

2 comments:

Holderby Family Blog said...

looks like so much fun...Did Ethan go out on the boat too?

Carolyn Joyce said...

how fun! great pictures! miss you all!